To My Lover

 To My Lover

To my lover, 


In the past, my gallery was flooded with new pictures of you. Now, I only see my pictures, sad and lonely. I thought of proposing, to be with you forever, but I don't deserve you at all. I imagined our whole life in my head. I had even planned a surprise for your upcoming birthday party. 

Did you just take me for granted like my other ex-girlfriend? You just stopped talking to me on every social media app and left me in the dark as if I didn't mean anything to you. I asked our mutual friends to find out about you, but they seemed to support you. You should've at least warned me about all this! Were you dating me because you don't like being lonely? To fill in a gap I was never meant to? Why have you gone silent now? You just left me when it seemed convenient. Was I always this unimportant to you? There were times we would sojourn into the flowery garden—hand in hand, for hours together. Was everything between us fake? The late night talks, the dates we went on, the sweet nothings we would whisper to each other and everything else, it was all FALSE. My hands are empty now, and my fingers feel your loss. 

Don't tell me that I imagined everything! I doubted myself and questioned everything after you left! I cried and cried, but all  my tears seem to be in vain. You don't seem to care for me at all! You said you'll never leave me, but leave me you did! This is why I hate the idea of forever, as it truly isn't what it seems to imply! Those who leave without an explanation were never meant to stay and you exemplified this! You made me feel special, but not anymore! I'm just done with you and your ethereal nonsense!

Goodbye!


Written by- Joanne J. D'souza
Edited by- Harshada Viswanath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fine Print of Teaching

One July Afternoon

Stone Garden